"Quesadillas con Salsa Pico de Gallo" is food you will find in all Mexican households. Perfect for anytime, breakfast, lunch, snack even for dinner or as a side dish, if you haven't tried it yet, here is how u can do it.
As I explain to the Germans, this is the equivalent to cheese and bread, the healthy and natural fast food, always tasty. Quesadillas is a tortilla, filled with melted cheese. There are corn, flour and even nopal (cactus) tortillas and combined with cheese is delicious.
In Mexico, you will always find Salsa in every Mexican table, tomato green tomato or Pico de gallo. There are many different recipes and here mine, the basic Salsa Pico de gallo.
Weizen oder Mais
Glutenfrei Laktosefrei Milcheiweisfrei Vegan Vegetarisch
- Heat up a pan and place a tortilla
- Warm up the tortilla for 30 secs. and turn it over.
- Add some cheese on the Tortilla and fold it in half and make some pressure so it stays closed.
- Now you have a quesadilla, turn it in intervals of 20 seconds until the cheese melts.
- Here you control how cooked you want the tortilla. You may add some oil to make it crunchy.
- Serve the quesadilla in a plate, open it careful (its hot!) and add salsa pico de gallo.
- Close it and enjoy.
- Chop the tomatoes in small dices.
- Press or mince the garlic.
- Mince Onion and Serrano Chili Pepper.
- Finely chop the coriander.
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and combine.
- Season with lemon juice, Salt and Pepper.